About this Event
The inaugural Fox Lake Sprint Triathlon is a 1 K swim, 20 K bike, 5 K run held on the shores on Nippersink Lake in Fox Lake, IL.
The fun begins on the shores of Nippersink Lake in beautiful Lake Front Park in Fox Lake. The half mile swim is triangle shaped with depths averaging 6' in any one area. The 12.5 mile (20 K) bike course varies from flat to rolling hills on pristine roads from Fox Lake to Chain O' Lakes State Park. The 3.1 mile (5 K) run course is through the town center and along the newly paved multi-use path. With transitions at the Lake Front Park, you'll be close to the water, finish line, parking and post race entertainment.
Swim - Swim will begin and end at Lake Front Park, the 1 K swim will be well supported, depths reach a maximum of 6 feet. Swim will be a time trial start i.e. athletes leave every 2-3 seconds apart.
Bike - Bike will begin and end at Lake Front Park, the 12.5 mile bike course exits the park and heads to beautiful Chain O Lakes State Park. There are no aid stations on the bike course. After a loop of the park, the course enters the park.
Run - Run will begin and end at Lake Front Park, the 5 K run will be well supported. Run course explores Fox Lake and consists of some rolling hills. There will be an aid station on the run.
Transition - All stages will start and finish inside Lake Front Park. The area will be fenced and access will only be allowed for competitors before, during and after the race.
Transition area will open at 5:00 am.
Helmets are mandatory.
Every effort will be made to have this event on time on this date. Should this event be cancelled due to an Act of God or other circumstance beyond the race directors control there will be no refunds, credits, or transfers. NO EXCEPTIONS will be made to this policy. By registering for this event you agree to this weather policy.
Pre-race packet pickup available at the following locations: (pick while registering)
(Tuesday, May 30, Wednesday, May 31 and Thursday June 1) - Business Hours
- Runner's High - 121 W. Campbell, Arlington Heights, IL (847-670-9255)
- Running Depot - 30 - H, Williams Street, Crystal Lake, IL (815-788-9755)
- Link 'O Chain Cyclery, 145 Sayton Road Suite E, Fox Lake, IL, (224-225-6403)
- Lake Front Park - RACE DAY
Volunteers - Please register (free) - you will recieve a T-shirt , refreshments and our considerable gratitude.
Race Day Schedule
- 5:00 am - Transition Area opens
- 5:30 am – 6:30 - Packet pickup / Body Marking
- 6:30 am – 6:50 - race briefing
- 7:00 am - START
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am - Estimated completion time
- 10:00 am - Awards
Note - Racers can only enter one division
- Age groups - 5 years age groups through 70+, starting at 18-24.
- Relay teams - 2-3 people. All male, mixed gender or all female
- Overall - Top male and female finishers
- Age groups - Top 3 in each age category
- Relay teams - Top team in each category (male, female, co-ed)
All athletes will receive a Short Sleeved Tech Shirt, Finisher's medal, post race food/beverage.